Welcome to the Shelby County Drug Task Force Website
The mission of the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force is to create an environment
free of illegal drugs within Shelby County and its communities, schools and places
of work. The Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force hopes to eliminate illegal
narcotics from Shelby County, Alabama, by investigating complaints of illegal narcotics
activity, by arresting illegal narcotic offenders, by aiding in the criminal prosecution
of illegal narcotics offenders, by seizing and destroying illegal narcotics and
the equipment used to manufacture illegal narcotics, through educational programs
presented to civic organizations and our local schools, and by promoting a drug
free environment through the personal lives of its members.
Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force Introduces Free Drug Collection Units throughout Shelby County
The Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force is proud to offer a new service to the citizens of Shelby County - anonymous prescription drug collection units. Shelby County citizens can utilize these units to safely and anonymously
dispose of unwanted prescription medication.
The units can be found at the following locations:
- Alabaster Police Department (201 1st Street N., Alabaster, AL 35007)
- Chelsea Fire and Rescue Station 1 (160 Chesser Drive, Chelsea, AL 35043)
- Harpersville Police Department (83 Town Hall Lane, Harpersville, AL 35078)
- North Shelby Fire District Station 1 (4617 Valleydale Road, Birmingham, AL 35242)
- Pelham Police Department (32 Philip Davis Street, Pelham, AL 35124)
- Shelby County Sheriff’s Office (380 McDow Road, Columbiana, AL 35051)
- University of Montevallo Department of Public Safety (Police Department, Station 6155, Montevallo, AL 35115)
The drug collection units were awarded to the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force by CVS/pharmacy and the Partnership™ for Drug-Free Kids as part of CVS/pharmacy's Drug Disposal for Safer Communities Program.
The Helena Police Department also has a drug collection unit from CVS/pharmacy, which can be found in their lobby.