Welcome to the Shelby County Drug Task Force Website
We believe the essential elements of drug enforcement begin with education and prevention. Through community partnerships and the support of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force utilizes proactive and intelligence-led efforts to safeguard our community against the sale, distribution, and use of illegal narcotics.
Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force Introduces Free Drug Collection Units throughout Shelby County
The Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force is proud to offer a new service to the citizens of Shelby County - anonymous prescription drug collection units. Shelby County citizens can utilize these units to safely and anonymously
dispose of unwanted prescription medication.
The units can be found at the following locations:
- Alabaster Police Department (201 1st Street N., Alabaster, AL 35007)
- Chelsea Fire and Rescue Station 1 (160 Chesser Drive, Chelsea, AL 35043)
- Harpersville Police Department (83 Town Hall Lane, Harpersville, AL 35078)
- Hoover Public Safety Center (2020 Valleydale Road, Hoover, AL 35244)
- North Shelby Fire District Station 1 (4617 Valleydale Road, Birmingham, AL 35242)
- Pelham Police Department (32 Philip Davis Street, Pelham, AL 35124)
- Shelby County Sheriff's Office (380 McDow Road, Columbiana, AL 35051)
- Shelby County Sheriff's Office North Substation (5511 Hwy 280, Ste 117 Birmingham, AL 35242)
- Montevallo Police Department (541 Main St, Montevallo, AL 35115)
The drug collection units were awarded to the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force by CVS/pharmacy and the Partnership™ for Drug-Free Kids as part of CVS/pharmacy's Drug Disposal for Safer Communities Program.
The Helena Police Department also has a drug collection unit from CVS/pharmacy, which can be found in their lobby.